We love the wow effect. When casual sneaker meets vegan material and turns it into a real innovation. 100% vegan, 100% animal friendly. Vegea® is the name of this special leather alternative made from the remains of Italian wine making. With the navy heel it becomes an extremely tasteful combination.
- Upper material: Vegea®, the plant-based leather alternative made from grape marrow, combined with water-based polyurethane - coated on organic cotton
- solvent-free, animal-friendly
- Heel part made of Evita, according to Oeko-Tex standard 100 - also fully vegan
- The lining consists of a newly developed microfibre, which is 100% breathable and can absorb a lot of moisture– heat-regulating and comfortable + 100% recyclable
- PETA /Vegan Approved sole made of recycled rubber without harmful ingredients for people and the environment
- Vegan footbed made of 100% natural cork and other recycled, reusable materials with high cushioning.
Leather, that’s not. This is how you can describe the vegan leather alternative Vegea®. Because it doesn’t just look like that, it also really feels similar. This innovative “leather” is made from leftovers of Italian wine production – that is, from pomace, peel, pulp, seeds and stems. For this purpose, it is combined with a water-based polyurethane (PUD) to form an eco-composite material and coated on organic cotton.
Proper shoe care and maintenance of your DUCKS will help to ensure their longevity in wear. If you follow the guidelines below and treat your shoes in the correct manner, there is no reason why your shoes will not last for many years.
Be sure to impregnate your DUCKS with a waterproofing spray before wearing them for the first time. When waterproofing, the motto is: it's better to apply a thin layer regularly than a thick one once.
For cleaning, use a clean, damp cloth and carefully wipe the DUCKS. Then allow the shoe to air dry.
Stuff damp DUCKS with absorbent material (newspaper) and allow to dry slowly - not directly on or near the heater.
Vegan wie es sein soll.
Cleaner look that fits easily with everything. The coloured heel parts can be combined perfectly and are therefore the ideal companion for a city walk or a visit to a restaurant.
Vegan. Long-lasting. Cool.
The plant-based leather alternative gives the leftovers of Italian wine production a second life. And that's something. With the special inner lining, the foot also stays dry when it’s hot.
Handmade in Portugal
In Portugal, people are not only familiar with wine, but also with traditional footwear. Here our vegan sneakers are made by hand.
Your footprint. Our mission.
Mit jedem unserer DUCKS leisten wir einen Beitrag zum Umweltschutz. Deshalb sind nicht nur unsere Produkte zu 100 % klimaneutral, sondern unsere gesamte Firma. Auch da sind wir sehr gerne transparent.